A lady was holding cookery classes in her home and I decided to attend her Puffs and Doughnuts class. This recipe is from her notes, but I decided to change the regular, boring round doughnut shape to the different and more exciting heart shape.
200 gm flour + 2 tablespoons
1/2 tsp bread improver
15 gm nestle milk powder
40 gm yellow butter
2 tablespoons grain sugar
1 1/2 tsp dry yeast or 15 gm fresh yeast
1 egg, optional
100 ml water approx.
1 tsp vanilla essence
1. Add flour, bread improver and milk powder in a big bowl. Mix in the butter and when it looks like crumbs leave to rest for 20 minutes.
2. Warm 100ml water and add the 2 tablespoons of sugar and yeast to it. Stir gently and cover for 5 to 7 minutes till it bubbles and yeast is activated.
3. Add the yeast to the above mixture. Also add the egg, vanilla essence and knead them in. Keep kneading the dough till it absorbs the stickiness and coat with oil.
4. Rest the dough for half an hour in a closed place. Then dust the work surface with flour and make balls out of the dough.
5. Roll out to about 1/4" thickness and use the cutter to cut into shape. I used two different heart sized cookie cutter to get the shape.
I liked this guy which was nestling in the other one...