Soft and sweet, that's the two main highlights of this almond paste icing. Here is a marzipan option that you can use to decorate any cakes, cookies or cupcakes that you may have been baking in your oven.
1 cup Almonds
1 cup castor sugar
Water as required
1. Boil some water to blanch the almonds.
3. Add some water to the almond and sugar mixture to make a smooth dough.
4. You can add different colours to different sections of the icing dough.
5. You can use a cookie cutter to form different shapes. I have used fondant cutters to make the leaves and flower here.
6. Another technique is to assemble the little flowers by hand. This involves making all the individual petals and adding them all together.
7. Now you can assemble the bits of icing the way you wish to make the cake decoration.