1. Cover one side of bread with mayonnaise and the other with mustard sauce.
2. Add the sliced onion rings on one slice, top with the sliced chicken ham.
3. Cover with other slice and your ham sandwich is ready
One grated carrot
One cup of mixed green and red cabbage juliennes
One apple diced
Juice of half lemon
Half teaspoon dried garlic powder
Half cup mayonnaise
Salt and Pepper to Taste
1. Wash and chop all the fruits and vegetables. Add the lemon juice, garlic powder, mayonnaise, salt and pepper to taste.
2. Toss well till everything is coated with the mayo and let it sit in the fridge till serving time.
Potato and Sausage Salad
The original recipe came from a book called "Simple French Cooking" authored by Carole Clements and Elizabeth Wolf-Cohen. However since I didn't have half the stuff in my kitchen I ended up changing some ingredients. Giving both sets of ingredients here
Original : 450g small potatoes, 45 ml white wine, 2 shallots finely chopped, 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, 1 Tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon, 175 g cooked garlic sausage.
For the Vinaigrette : 10 ml Dijon mustard, 15 ml tarragon vinegar or white wine vinegar, 75 ml extra virgin olive oil, salt and freshly ground pepper
What I used: Boiled normal potatoes cut into rounds, 3 tablespoons of my home made apple wine, 2 green onions finely chopped, regular sausages from Venkys
For the Vinaigrette : 10 ml Dijon mustard, 1 tablespoon of Fun Foods Vinaigrette dressing,some dried basil leave, plus freshly ground pepper.
1. Boil potatoes, peel, cut and place in a bowl. Add the microwaved sausages after slicing to the bowl and sprinkle with wine and onions. Let the flavours seep.
2. Mix the mustard and vinaigrette dressing along with basil leaves together in a small glass bowl, add the pepper from the mill and whisk together.
3. Pour the dressing made onto the salad and mix well.
One cup boiled fusilli pasta
One teaspoon of oregano dried
One packet of Maggi magic masala
Little olive oil
1. Purée the tomatoes and onion in the grinder. In a little olive oil add the purée and cook.
2. Add the maggi magic masala packet and cook till the puréed vegetables are cooked.
3. Toss in the boiled fusili, add the oregano and check for salt. Mix well till pasta is coated with puree.
Plate it all up with some tomato sauce.