That's when the universe brought another friend literally to my home to teach me how to make fondant from scratch. Here's the recipe. I didn't get any pictures of the process done coz by the time I thought about it, the fondant was ready. Will get some pics the next time I make it. Till then you have the recipe and the finished product.
500 gms Icing Sugar (solar brand preferably)
2 teaspoons Gelatin
3 tablespoons Water
4 teaspoons Liquid Glucose
2 teaspoons Glycerine
1 teaspoon CMC powder
1 teaspoon Butter
1. Sieve Icing sugar and CMC powder together and put aside.
2. Soak gelatin in bowl with water for five minutes. Microwave for 10 seconds to dissolve well.
3. Add the glycerine, liquid glucose and butter to the gelatin and water mix. Microwave again to mix well.
4. Add to icing sugar and knead in to a dough. Now begin stretching and kneading it for 10 minutes.
5. Colour it as you wish with gel colours and store in a cling film and air tight container.
You can play around with the dough and make whatever shapes you like. I used some fondant cutter I had to make flowers and leaves.