This basically began as an experiment as I had some lovely caramel left over from my Christmas Cake and I decided to use it up. I also had decanted a fresh batch of homemade wine and used the grape raisins therein to add some more flavour to the cake. Here's the recipe.
1 1/2 cup Flour
1 1/2 cup Castor Sugar
1/2 cup Cream
1 spoon Baking Powder
1 spoon of vanilla essence (I used the industrial powder, but you can use the liquid drops)
4 tablespoons of Caramel (Just put three spoons of sugar in a heavy bottomed pan and burn it till its smoking. Then take it off the flame and add some water to liquidise it.)
4 tablespoons of Grape Raisins from wine making (I know you may not have these handy. You could just soak some raisins in wine or any alcohol of your choice like rum, whisky, etc)
1. Add the sugar, eggs and cream to a bowl and beat with hand blender for about five minutes till light and creamy.
2. Now add the vanilla essence and baking powder. Beat some more.
3. Add the Caramel and the alcohol soaked raisins and stir it well.
4. Time for the flour to be folded in.
5. Line your baking dish with some butter or oil and pour in the cake batter.
6. I baked this in the microwave on High for 5 minutes. You may need to adjust as per your own oven.