You love pizza. You love muffins. You will love Pizza Muffins. Yes, even when you realize that they are not exactly sweet cupcakes, but rather a yummy savoury treat. Here's the recipe to bake them.
1/2 cup Wholewheat Flour (Atta)
1/4 cup Oats (Dalia)
1/4 cup Refined Flour (Maida)
1 tsp dried Oregano
1 tsp Pepper Powder
1 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 cup Milk
1/4 cup Oil
3 tbsp Pizza Sauce (I used cremica)
1/2 cup Cheese
1 cup fresh vegetables (I used cubed potatoes, peas and grated carrot)
1 Onion finely chopped
3-4 cloves of Garlic chopped or crushed
1/2 tsp Carom Seeds (ajwain)
Oil to sauté the vegetables
1. Heat the oil to crackle the ajwain seeds, add the garlic and sauté.
2. Add the onion and cook till translucent.
3. Add the cup of fresh vegetables and cook for a couple of minutes. Take off heat.
4. Whisk all the wet ingredients together (egg, milk, oil, pizza sauce, cheese).
5. Add the vegetables and cheese. Stir well.
6. Sift the dry ingredients( atta, maida, dalia, BP and BS) and mix into this along with the oregano and pepper to the wet ingredients.
7. Add the vegetables and mix nicely.
8. Now pour into muffin cups and bake in the microwave on High for 5 minutes.
Fresh out of the Microwave
9. Slice open the baked muffin and add a dash of Pizza Sauce to make a muffin sandwich as a variation.
Add some Pizza Sauce for a Tasty Twist
This recipe was modified from the original recipe shared with me by Soni Sangwan.