Chocolate Chip Cookies are something that my little one is quite fond of. I've baked them before in a regular oven when I had one. The one time I had tried to bake them in the microwave did not go over too well and so I decided against doing it again.
However I saw a friend baking sugar cookies a couple of days ago and I got really tempted to try them out. Unfortunately the rolled sugar cookies needed a regular oven. I checked out an eggless sugar cookies recipe here. That too needed to baked in an oven.
Then I looked for microwave baked cookies in particular and found this recipe. That I promptly modified into a ChocoChip Cookie recipe. So here is what finally came out of the microwave this morning.
Yes I couldn't resist that bite. The smell got to me!
1 1/2 cup (180 g) Flour (Maida)
225 g Butter (1 cup)
1/2 cup powdered Sugar
1 tsp Vanilla powder
Chocochips as needed
1. Beat the egg then add sugar, softened butter and vanilla powder.
2. Mix well with beater then add in the flour and make a dough.
3. Form balls, flatten slightly and place on butter paper on a microwave safe baking tray.
4. Add the chocochips to the cookies. Embed them halfway so that they stick.
5. Cook on high power for about 2 minutes. Some batches needed an extra thirty seconds, so work with your microwave's specifics.
6. Place on rack to cool. Be careful they tend to break off easily when hot.
About half an hour later when they have cooled they will also become crustier. That's when you can bite into them.