This season I seem to be experimenting only with cookies for Christmas. A frequent visitor to my Facebook page complained that I always have egg based recipes and she being a pure vegetarian can't make them. That drove me to hunt around for a cookie recipe which has no eggs and viola I found one.
The original recipe did not pan out very well in terms of taste and was also rather brittle, so I made some changes and here's what you get now.
1 cup Flour (maida)
1/2 cup powdered Sugar
1 cup melted Butter
1/4 tsp Baking Powder
1/4 tsp Baking Soda
1/4 tsp Salt
1/2 tsp Vanilla Powder
1. Sift all the dry ingredients together.
2. Add melted butter and knead cookie dough.
3. Cover airtight and keep in fridge for half an hour.
4. Roll out to 1/4th inch thick and cut shapes.
5. Place on microwave safe baking tray with butter paper.
6. Bake for 2 minutes on high power.
7. Cool on rack till it solidifies properly.
You can decorate them with a sugar glaze and sprinkles.