Chocolate Cupcakes are an eternal favourite among children. Although if they are vegetarian it can become a difficult task for me, since most of my baking contains eggs. This was an experiment to see if eggless cupcakes could be made without curd and oil. Turned out fairly well, if not quite as fluffy, in my opinion.
1 cup cream
1 and 1/2 cup Sugar
1 and 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup milk
1 Tsp Baking Soda
1 Tsp Baking Powder
1/2 cup Cocoa Powder
1/2 Cup Icing Sugar
Lemon Juice few drops
Edible red colour
Water to bind
Butterfly fondant cutter
1. Beat together sugar and cream till pale.
2. Add the milk, mix well.
3. Spoon in the sifted flour, cocoa, baking soda and baking powder.
4. Fold well and scoop out batter into cupcake shells till half full.
5. Bake in microwave on high power for 4 to 5 minutes. Timing differs based on number of cupcakes in the batch.
6. Mix all the frosting ingredients to form a firm but pliable batter.
7. Roll it out with a pin and use the fondant cutter to make the shapes.
8. Place the butterfly on the hot cupcake as soon as it comes out of the microwave. It will melt at the base and stick.