1/2 Kg Mutton (I got the Raan)
100 ml Oil ( About four big spoons)
2 large Onions, chopped
2 Tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
3 Tomatoes Pureed
1 Tsp Red Chilly Powder
1/2 Tsp Haldi
1/2 Tsp Jeera Powder
1/2 Tsp Garam Masala
1 Tsp Rock Salt
1-2 Green Chilies, chopped
Water about 1 litre
Fries from 2 Large Potatoes
100 gms of allu lacha or Sali if available
1. Heat oil and add the chopped onions. Get them nice and brown.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and fry some more.
3. Add tomato puree, red chili powder, haldi and green chili chopped.
4. Next go in the rock salt and water.
5. Add the meat and simmer for about an hour till water is reduced.
6. Now add the jeera powder and garam masala once mutton is tender.
7. Fry the potatoes and keep aside.
8. Plate the mutton. Put the fries on the side and sprinkle the sali on the top. Serve hot.